YouTube podcasts have become increasingly popular over the past few years. Many creators are finding success with their audio-visual productions. But what sets the best ones apart from the rest?
The answer is simple: background music. Music can add more emotion to a podcast, making it more engaging and memorable for viewers.
Savvy content creators can elevate their production values and create something extraordinary by incorporating well-chosen tunes into their videos.
Trying to elevate your YouTube podcast with music? If so, check outthese helpful tips.
Use Background Music In Transitions
Background music can play an essential role in your YouTube podcast. Using it strategically during transitions or introducing a new speaker can add more emotion and drama to the production.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of background music in your podcast:
- Add excitement by using upbeat tunes during transitions. Uplifting instrumental tracks can help create a more energetic atmosphere.
- Don’t let the music get too loud. It should provide a subtle backdrop for your podcast, not take away from the main speakers.
- Choose music that matches the tone of your podcast. If it’s an upbeat comedy show, go with something light and humorous; if it’s a serious drama, opt for something dramatic and moody.
- Use royalty-free music or get licenses for anything you use. This is important to avoid potential copyright issues.
By choosing the right music for your podcast, you can create an engaging audio-visual experience that viewers will remember!
Create Custom Intros/Outros
Creating a unique and memorable introduction or outro for your YouTube podcast can be an effective way to grab viewers’ attention and make them more likely to watch the whole video. Custom intros/outros not only add production value, they also help establish your brand identity.
Here are some tips to help you create exciting intros/outros:
- Use sound effects and special FX to add an extra layer of interest.
- Incorporate a unique musical element that viewers can associate with your podcast. It could be a signature song or just a catchy instrumental riff.
- Get creative with transitions. Visuals or animations can make intros/outros more interesting and help them stand out.
- Keep it short and sweet! Intros should be more than 30 seconds long, while outros should be no more than 15-20 seconds.
Crafting a unique audio intro/outro can help you put your podcast on the map.
Don’t Be Afraid To Experiment With Different Music Genres
Experimenting with different genres of music can be a great way to add variety to your podcast and stand out from the crowd. Other types of music evoke different emotions, so it’s crucial to find the right genre that brings out the desired atmosphere in your podcast.
Popular musical genres for podcasts include rock, pop, EDM, folk, and classical. Rock music can create a sense of excitement and energy in your podcast; pop music is upbeat and catchy; EDM is perfect for an intense atmosphere; folk has a mellow and meaningful feel, while classical provides an elegant backdrop to the production.
Check Out Our Background Music Library!
Want to add more appeal and depth to your YouTube podcast? If so, check out our extensive background music library.